Friday, August 01, 2008

14wk. appt.

We had our 14wk appt yesterday. The nurse started off by weighing me..I'm now back to my pre-pregnancy weight (I lost 4 pounds in the first trimester). No ultrasound this time, but they did use the fetal heart monitor and goo on my belly to find the heartbeat. This time it was in the 150's. I broke the news to my dr. that I wanted a natural birth, and thankfully she was supportive. I told her that I've been getting headaches every day, and let me tell you she did not look a bit surprised. Apparently my hormones are still fluctuating up and down, which in return causes headaches, and she told me I can expect them frequently until about week 20. YAY! :-( On to the WONDERFUL NEWS...we scheduled the BIG ultrasound for Sept. 3...so in just (haha, "just" who am I kidding) in 5 weeks we will know the gender of this wonderful bean growing inside me!! SAHWEET!!!

2 comments:

Kristin Anderson said...

That is so exciting!!! I can't believe you're already 14 weeks... Time is flying (by the way, you're exactly 3 weeks ahead of me!)

Yeah for a strong heartbeat- and SO fun you get to find out in 5 weeks!! I'm going to guess BOY for you...!

congrats!

rathi said...

How exciting!! Will definitely check back on Sept 3rd to see what you are having? Any names picked out yet?