Saturday, May 29, 2010

These Words Speak To Me

Kelle Hampton is one of my favorite bloggers. I actually had no idea who she was until one my friends (Melissa I think) posted a FB link to her blog. Her 2nd daughter was born with Down Syndrome and she had no idea until delivery.

Today she said the words that my heart have felt ever since my first pregnancy complication (subchorionic hematoma) and I felt it again at our 20week appt when we found out Hendrix had a CCAM on his right lung....and kept feeling this all throughout the many high risk dr appts and pediatric surgeon appts. I still thank God for healing my sweet boy and surgery was never needed.

RAMBLING SORRY!!

So here is what she said today:"Nella had her four month appointment yesterday.And, amid most of the time where I honestly forget she's different, I am reminded every once and awhile. Like getting ready to go to the doctor and feeling a little flutter inside. Like what if they tell me something. Like what if they rock my world again. Like what if one of those "increased likelihoods" that happen to attach themselves to that sweet little chromosome comes true. But, here's the thing. Once you become a parent...once you start feeling a little funny and you buy that pregnancy test...once you see a pink plus sign...once you know it's not just you anymore...well, you automatically carry around, for the rest of your life, an increased likelihood. To have your heart broken. And it's a constant fear that we struggle to put to rest.And we can choose to be afraid or we can choose to live. And I choose to live. Because an "increased likelihood of having your heart broken" also carries with it an increased likelihood to find yourself the happiest you've ever been in life."

If that doesn't put things into perspective I don't know what does. Her attitude SINGS TO ME!!!

Thank you. Ramble over.

signature image

1 comment:

Nicole said...

This is awesome! Just what I needed to hear (or read ) with everything going on with my sis!